Trademark Registration Consultancy Service
A trademark is a symbol of the business to mark it as an intangible asset or intellectual property for a business. Trademark is generally a logo or shape or symbol or sign of any business, organization or person. Trademark is created for different identification and a image or device of the goods, services, business firms and organizations. Trademark is protected under intellectual property rights that means Trademark mark of one owner can not be used by other without certain permissions and terms. Trademark protection is possible through registration and Registration of Trademark certifies the legal certainty and right of the owner in case of any litigation or similar use of the same mark. Trademark registration verifies the exclusive ownership right of registered owner to it use exclusively.
What is Trademark
Trademark is a visual word, device, name, numeral or label that is depicted symbolically to help your business and organization in differentiating your concept, goods or services from the others and to achieve popularity, reputation, identical recognition and goodwill of your company and organization. Controller General of Patents Designs and Trademarks, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India is in charge of registering a trademark under the Trademark Act, 1999. This gives the owner a right to seek compensation in case somebody infringes that is misuses or copies his/ her trademark. After registering a trademark a symbol “®” is placed beside it and it is valid for the next 10 years from the date of registry. When the date of expiry is near an application for renewal is filed with the same department to renew the ownership license.
Types of Trademarks can registered
There can be many kinds of the formation and designing of the Trade marks including a single word, more words, a phrase, combination of words, one or more letters, any number or combination of numbers with text, letters and words, any sketch, photo, drawings, signs, symbols, multi dimensional shapes and features. The combination of devices such as shape, figure, drawing, painting, photo with them or with any text, letters, word, slogan can form trademarks. Trademarks are of different kind such as in visible shape/size/drawing in different color shades or and in audible form of sounds, in audio visual features and form in sounds and films. It can be in non visible fragrance form also. The Trademarks are logos and identities with unlimited the possibilities and availabilities.
Why we recommend trademark registration
- Trademark registration necessary because it provides legal protection to your business identification symbol and Trademark logo.
- The owners can sue in case of infringement. This facility is legally better applicable to trademarks that are registered.
- Trademark registration builds a Unique Identity as competitors cannot use it for their goods or services. Trademark becomes a badge, brand statement for the company.
- Trade mark registration is an intangible asset. It becomes intellectual property for an organization that can be sold, franchised or commercially contracted.
- Trademark creates a sense of trust, popularity, reputation, identical recognition, goodwill and quality among customers. This shows that the company cares about its brand image which in an assurance of quality services and goods.
- Trademark registration helps in Global Trademark filing too as it can be used as a basis for filing in other countries. If needed, foreigners and foreign entities can also register a trademark in India.
- To understand more about Trademark registrations please click here
Trademark Registration Services
Chanakya is one of the market leaders in trademark registering services in India. Our services include trademark filing for registration, replying to objections received from the concerned department, dealing with trademark opposition, filing for renewal of trademark and patent registration.
- Check and advice for acceptance and applicability of Trademarks
- Trademark Application Preparation, Submission and Proceeding for Registration
- Replying and responding for official Examination reports in case of the objection raised by authority
- Replying and responding of Examination reports with the objection raised by Third party business or person
- Reply and prosecute for opposition proceeding of Trademarks
- Prosecute and proceed to resolve dispute and litigation
- Consultancy for Trademark infringement cases by unauthorized person
- Renewal of Trademarks