Chanakya NGO Consultancy has a dedicated team for event management. Event is important as it raise maximum funds at optimum cost. There can be several special events in a year. Events can be small where Rs. 5 lakhs are raised like Cultural Events, Film Show, and Cultural Parties etc. Mega Events where funds of few lakhs can be raised like Musical Nights, Film Star Cricket Festivals, Star Show, Celebrity Dinner etc.
Chanakya provides services that are a collection of various activities like events of all sorts, exhibitions, Tele serial productions, stage/music Show, radio jingles, AV production, show organizer, commercial ads, corporate films, CD presentation, film productions, music production, company presentation and wedding planner/organizers. Besides all above mentioned services the Company has extended its services for the cause of humanity, to be precise the event management services for Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGOs) and the events done by the specialized agencies of United Nations and Regional Organizations in India. Once we take the responsibility of organizing the Event, we professionally make it one-stop-shop for A to Z solution starting from ground works like connecting with targeted audience, deciding venues, caterers, coordinating invitations, choosing menus, hotel booking, car booking, flight booking etc. to the final day of organizing the national and international seminars, symposium, workshops, events etc.
We tailor the Events according to the specific requirement of the clients. However, for the convenience of the clients, we are rendering our services for the successful completion of the program in the following area/s: Awareness and implementation of Government programs for urban and rural development, events for natural disaster prevention and mitigation programs, Community-based prevention activities, pollution control and prevention activities, community health and promotion activities, Environment-educational and health related activities, events for saving animals from the cruelty and greed of humans, propagation and campaign for Peace Mission using different techniques, awareness and control of blindness, campaign and road shows for eradicating social evils, social development activities, literacy campaign, economic development activities, welfare activities, promotional activities, cultural activities, educational activities, women welfare activities, propagation of basic science and technology, child welfare activities, exhibitions and promotions, no smoking campaign, HIV awareness campaign etc.
Fundraising strategies that were effective a decade back cannot be put to use today. Therefore, NGOs should update themselves to cope with changing fundraising techniques and methods. As an NGO practitioner you might be well accustomed to raising funds through proposal writing, door to door collections, corporate partnerships, direct calls etc., but these days there is a growing trend to organize special events for fundraising. Chanakya helps you in organizing special events to raise funds for your NGO.
Our event management technique is a build-up of three major components:
- Planning the event
- Preparations for the event
- Organizing the event
In the planning phase the entire process is taken care of by us with attention to each and every minute detail. No matter what the size of the event is we prepare a plan that ensures success.
The Events prepared has the following details in place:
- Goal: To ensure success and to guide the team.
- Type of event: To complement the cause for which the Special Event is being organized.
- Date and Venue: To have enough time for making all the preparations and ensuring maximum participation in the event.
- Budgeting: To carefully plan and manage finances and budget.
- Preparations for the event – To start making arrangements for the event. These include:
- Team Formation: forming a capable and well organized team. Identifying key members of the organization and delegate responsibilities to them.
- Core Management team: To decide on the cause, event and Goal. The team’s role is to have an overview of the event and create synergy and coordination among various teams. The team should essentially contain the senior members of the organization and if possible representative from different teams, this will help in creating synergy and ironing out conflicts.
- Event Planning Team: The event can be anything from a dinner, wine tasting, marathon, art exhibition, cultural event. There needs to be a team that is experienced in handling the event type. For Example if the event is marathon then they should be well versed with the topography, liaising with local authority and arranging refreshment stalls.
- Invitation Team: The purpose of this team is to identify, invite and host the audience. The team should be able to identify the correct set of audience which identify with the cause and assist with the goal. The team should also engage with the audience at the event and convey the impact that the event is creating. The team can also help create organizations brand among the audience and engage with them even after the event.
- Marketing Team: Marketing and branding the event is critical for its success. The message of the event should reach the largest possible audience in the most effective way. Selecting the message and the medium of it propagation should be the key responsibility of this team. The team can also double up as a sales team for the tickets, coupons, or other things that are being sold to raise money.
- Target Audience: Now that the event is planned, the audience needs to be carefully chosen. The right audience can help the cause and the wrong one can render the event a failure. The audience or the invitee should be able to relate to the cause and find the event matching their taste. It would be ill advised to invite people who do not identify with the cause or cannot contribute towards the Goal.
- Marketing and Branding the event: Creating a positive media image through diligently prepared marketing communication is a determining factor in successful event management. The communication should be crisp and emphasize on the cause. It should be able t make an emotional connect with the target audience and motivate them to participate with enthusiasm in the event. The medium of propagation for the event should be carefully chosen. It should be able to reach the targeted audience effectively. This is one of the most important elements for the event.
- Taking necessary approvals from authorities: Take all necessary permissions from Government authorities for organizing your event. If you plan to organize a marathon get the approvals from the police department and the transport department.
- Logistics Arrangement: Get all the bookings (travel and accommodation) in advance.
- Promotional material: All the promotional material should be printed and shared with your participants. Depending on the kind of event get necessary stationary, pencils, brochures, magazines etc. printed well in advance.
- Sponsorship: Sponsorship is important so that all costs associated with the event can be covered. Your outreach officer can communicate and network with local corporations, schools, hospitals etc. to support your event in whatever way they can.
- Standard Pitch: Prepare a standard pitch for the event. The pitch should convey to the audience the purpose of the event, the proposed impact and the beneficiaries. Share the pitch with the volunteers and staff members so that everyone within the organization is on the same page.
- Organizing the event: Now is the day for which you had been working for the last many months. You might be exhausted with all the preparations but now is not the time to rest. Remember to follow some tips to make the event a huge success.
- Network with people: Make sure that all the guests are well attended and they don’t feel left out.
- After Event Communication: Once the event is successfully completed, an open line of communication is kept with the audience. The more point of contact are created the better it is for the cause and the organization. The participants are kept informed of the impact that their participation created and how much progress has been made on the cause. If budget permits souvenirs, memorabilia or newsletters should be shared with the participants.
Through Chanakya Events, we want to give NGO leaders an opportunity to get their point across, advocate their causes and lead from the front. Events/ Conferences/ Meet-Ups meant for education NGOs are by far very few. We want to change this as there are a multitude of issues in the education sphere that we as a sector haven’t quite yet addressed. Chanakya events will put together thought provoking conferences that will help NGO leaders set their agenda and bat for their cause. It will give them an opportunity to forge new partnerships with those who think alike, interact with industry veterans and expand their reach.
Chanakya believes that the desired changes in the lives will come only when more and more privileged people start participating proactively in finding a solution. The Foundation also believes that the only way to ensure a better future for these children is by educating them. That is because education is both the means as well as the end; it empowers these children and evolves them as better citizens.
Chanakya endorses the fact that helping is not simply a matter of dispersing money but of making a deep, long-term commitment and casting a hard eye on results. With this model, the Foundation partners with emerging and committed organizations for various programs. It tries to build their capacity, training them to gradually sustain and scale up themselves and their activities. It initially offers them the opportunity to reach their potential and progressively scale up and bear the entire weight themselves. The entire management and operation of Chanakya is in compliance with the principles of “Good Governance “and thus sets itself apart with its set norms of sustainability, scalability, accountability, transparency, credibility and effective leadership.