The NGO DARPAN is a portal maintained by NITI Aayog and invites all Voluntary Organizations / Non-Governmental Organizations to get registered on the Portal. NGOs play a major role in the development of a country by supplementing the efforts of the Government. By registering at the portal the NGOs enroll themselves centrally, thereby facilitating creation of a repository of information about NGOs sector or state wise. After registration at the portal NGOs are given a system generated Unique ID. This Unique ID is compulsory while applying for grants under various schemes of Ministries/Departments/Governments Bodies.
Benefits for registering with the Darpan portal are:
- Free listing of NGO Profile on Government website
- Easy access to information and resources about schemes and projects offered by various Government ministries, departments, subsidiary bodies etc.
- Free access to other NGOs working in your area which is beneficial in knowing them and exploring partnerships.
- There are various facilities provided by the Darpan portal which are as follows:
- Details of existing NGOs across India
- Details of the schemes of the participating Ministries/Departments/Government Bodies offering grants to NGOs
- Apply online for NGO grants
- Track status of applications for grants
Registration Process for NGO Darpan Niti Ayog
Chanakya extends its support in registering your organization at the Darpan portal. You need to hand us documents and important details like: Registration Certificate scanned in pdf or jpg format; Trust deeds (in case of Trusts with the first page, Second page and the Official Printed Page with Registration number duly self attested signed by the Managing Trustee; PAN card of the Organization; Aadhar numbers of Board members; Registration details including Registration Number, Date of Registration, Registration Act details. You should also hand over the information to us about your organization’s activities and projects as there is a separate column in the registration form that requires a NGO to give details of their achievements. Since this is a Government registered portal information will be visible to everyone so your NGO profile should be impressive. We depict your achievements and NGO profile in the best possible way. After the registration we shall hand over you your Unique Id and password that you may change later.
We also help disabled people in getting registered at the Government disability center and provide your disability registration number. There are various Government departments like micro-finance where we help you in getting registered, registration with the reputed Khadi Gramodyog, registration at the National Trust website and also help you in getting connected with the agriculture department. For North East states there is separate registration process and we help you to get registered there too.
Requirements for Online Registration/ Empanelment in NGO Darpan Niti Ayog and various other departments/ authorities:
- Detail of Organization
- Name and Address of NGO
- Registration Detail of NGO
- PAN Number of NGO
- FCRA information if NGO has FCRA
- Mobile and Email of NGO
- Contact detail Chief Functionary
- Contact detail of Members of NGO (Information of at least 3 members)
- Name, Adhar Cards and PAN Cards of Members with designations
- Sector/ Key Issues – (Education, Health, Welfare of Children, Women and Old Aged Persons, Environment Conservation, Human Rights and/or any other)
- Operational area of NGO (States and Districts)
- Website of NGO (if there is)
- Certificates if any – 80, 12 A, FCRA
- Funding Source information during the financial years after registration
- Best Activities and Practices of NGO
- Detail of Achievements of NGO
- Information if the NGO has received the Government or Foreign grant during last years